Try these Low FODMAP Vegan Falafel at home for lunch! You will surely love these!
Low FODMAP Vegan Falafel | No Onion No Garlic Recipe
- 1 cup canned chickpeas
- 1 cup leek (green leaves only)
- 2 medium grated carrots
- 1 large lime
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1 cup medium grain brown rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Low FODMAP Spice Mix (Chili Seasoning Mix)
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 4 tbsp gluten-free all purpose flour
- 0.5 cup mint chutney or any other yogurt dip, for serving
- Pre-cook the brown rice. Grate the carrots and set aside. Chop the fresh parsley and the green leaves of the leek. Squeeze out the juice of a lime. Also, wash the canned chickpeas.
- Add all the ingredients including brown rice, grated carrots, chopped parsley, leek leaves, lime juice, canned chickpeas, all-purpose flour, Low FODMAP Spice Mix (Chili Seasoning Mix) and kosher salt in the food processor. Blend the ingredients well until it converts into a smooth paste (add a tbsp. of water, if the mixture is too dry). Once blended well, mix in the gluten-free flour.
For cripsy baked falafels
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. In the meanwhile, prepare a baking tray by lining it with baking paper. Grease the paper with 1 tbsp. of olive oil using a brush. Scoop out the mixture of falafel with the help of a tbsp. and make small patties. Place them in the prepared tray. Brush the tops of falafel with another tbsp. of oil. Let them bake until they turn golden brown, for about 12 minutes per side.
For soft fried falafels
- Take a large non-stick frypan and heat it over medium-high heat. Grease it lightly with 1 tbsp. of olive oil. Let it simmer. Scoop out a tbsp. falafel into the frypan making the shape of the patties. Cook each side until they turn golden, for about 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce the heat to avoid burning and add more oil, if required. Once done, take them out on the plate lined with paper towel to drain. Cook these in several batches.
- Serve the falafels with mint chutney or dip of your own choice. Enjoy!
For more amazing low FODMAP Vegan recipes, click here.
Also, if you love this low FODMAP recipe, feel free to share & bookmark our site for more No Onion & No Garlic Recipes! We hope you enjoyed our Low FODMAP Vegan Falafel recipe!99