Your kids will definitely love these Low FODMAP Kid-friendly Chicken & Cheese Taquitos!
Low FODMAP Chicken & Cheese Taquitos
- 1/3 cup fat-free cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (10-oz) can chicken chunks, drained and flaked
- 8 (6-inches) corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup scallions, green tips only
- diced tomatoes, for serving
- grated cheese, for serving
- salsa, as required
- 1/4 cup sour cream, for serving
- 1 tsp Low FODMAP Spice Mix (Chili Seasoning Mix)
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- Let the oven be preheated to 375 degrees F.
- Mix together the chicken with salsa in a medium bowl. Cover and place it in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken mixture from the refrigerator and let the excess liquid drain. Add Low FODMAP Spice Mix and cheese, mix well to combine to make the filling. Set aside.
- Using a non-stick spray, prepare a baking sheet. Set aside.
- Dampen two paper towels and place the tortillas between them. Lightly heat the tortillas in the microwave for about 1 minute.
- On a clean dry surface, place one tortilla flat and place two heaping tablespoons of filling on the centre. Spread the filling evenly across the entire surface and make a roll tightly. You can use toothpicks to secure the rolls, if needed and place the seam-side of the roll down on the baking sheet. Repeat the same procedure with the remaining tortillas and filling.
- Bake in the oven for about 14 to 16 minutes, until crispy.
- Let it cool for about 5 minutes. Serve it with additional salsa and sour cream. Enjoy!
If you love this low FODMAP recipe? Feel free to share!
We hope you enjoyed this gluten-free & Low FODMAP Kid-friendly Chicken & Cheese Taquitos Recipe from The FODMAP Experts.7