A low FODMAP Kid-friendly meatballs and spaghetti recipe, that your kids will definitely enjoy!
Low FODMAP Kid-friendly Meatballs And Spaghetti
- 1/3 cup warm milk or water
- 1/4 cup low FODMAP gluten-free fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg At room temperature
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp scallions, finely chopped (green parts only)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tbsps garlic oil
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp Low FODMAP Spice Mix (Chili Seasoning Mix)
For meat balls
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare one rimmed baking sheet pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine together the breadcrumbs, milk or water and let it sit until the breadcrumbs hydrate and soften, for at least 5 minutes. Add parsley, scallions, Parmesan, and egg. Mix well to combine, then add olive oil and meat and combine well using your hands. Season with 1 tsp Kosher salt and 1 tsp Low FODMAP Spice Mix (Chili Seasoning Mix). Make 30 small meatballs and place them on the prepared baking sheet pan, with equal spaces apart.
- Bake for at least 15 minutes, then gently shake the pan for the meatballs to roll around. Bake until they are thoroughly cooked, for another 15 minutes.
For the tomato sauce and spaghetti
- Cook spaghetti as per package instruction. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tsp garlic oil over medium heat and add ginger paste. Stir and add Low FODMAP Spice Mix (Chili Seasoning Mix). Stir well and add diced tomatoes. Reduce the heat and let it simmer.
- Meanwhile, prepare 2 cups of vegetable broth in a small bowl by adding 6 tbsps Low FODMAP Certified Vegetable Stock Powder in 2 cups of water. Pour this into the skillet with tomato mixture. Increase the heat and bring the mixture to boil. Once it starts to boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer until the diced tomatoes break apart, for at least 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir well. Blend the remaining tomato chunks with a hand blender. Once the desired consistency is reached, add the meatballs and cook covered for another 5 minutes.
- Serve the spaghetti onto the serving platters. Pour the sauce over them and top with two or three meatballs per plate together with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
If you love this low FODMAP recipe? Feel free to share!
We hope you enjoyed this gluten-free & Low FODMAP Kid-friendly Meatballs And Spaghetti Recipe from The FODMAP Experts!