These Low FODMAP Kid-friendly Chocolate Chunk Cookies are the best snacks for the kids to munch on!
Low FODMAP Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 2 1/3 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter At room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs At room temperature
- 12 oz Low FODMAP Protein Snack Bar, cut into small chunks
- 1 1/3 cups pecan or walnut halves, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- Mix together flour, baking soda and salt to combine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add and beat the butter using an electric mixer with medium-high speed until creamy. Add white sugar and brown sugar and beat well for about 3 minutes, or until lightened. Then beat in the eggs one by one and vanilla, until well-incorporated. Add the dry mixture and mix well. Add chocolate chunks (and pecans, if using) and beat well, until combined. Cover the bowl using a plastic wrap and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Place the racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Prepare two baking sheets by ling with a parchment paper.
- Make small sized balls and place 8 per pan. Do not press them down.
- Bake the cookies, until lightly browned with firm edges, for at least 9 to 12 minutes. Once done, let the cookies cool on the pans without touching. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for at least 3 days.
If you love this low FODMAP recipe? Feel free to share!
We hope you enjoyed this gluten-free & Low FODMAP Kid-friendly Chocolate Chunk Cookies Recipe from The FODMAP Experts!1